- COVID-19 Update
Dear Regis Court Dental Associates Family of Patients,
We hope this letter finds you happy and healthy. The Chippewa Valley, along with the rest of the world, has experienced an interesting few months which will no doubt influence our future in one way or another. We wanted to take this opportunity to inform you of the changes that have been put in place at our practice since we saw you last. While the delivery of care may appear different, be assured that it is still the same doctors and team under those masks and we are all still committed to the same level of excellent care. The following will provide more information on the added measures we have taken to protect our patients and team.
We have begun the process of reopening on Monday, May 18th. It is our intent to open slowly at first and then increase our ability to care for more patients in the coming weeks. During this time, we will be following new scheduling protocols and additional practice measures to ensure the safety and well-being of you, our patient. We are excited about our ability to reopen and kindly ask for your continued patience during this time of transition. Each one of our patients, including those that were scheduled during our closure, are extremely important to us. The reality of the situation is that we needed to reschedule over 950 of our valued patients. Rest assured that we will do everything we can to get those appointments back in our schedule as soon as we are able. Our hygiene department has rallied around the cause and will be putting in extra effort to make sure we get you back on track with your regular cleanings.
Since the closure in March, our doctors and team have been busy developing strategies on how to resume delivering the excellent dental care that you have come to expect from our practice. In understanding the nature of how COVID-19 is transmitted, we have expanded our already robust infection control procedures so that when we do see you for your visit, it is both safe and comfortable. In order to create the safest environment possible, we have followed the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We have not only met the requirements set forth by these organizations, but rather exceeded them with extra disinfection protocols and state of the art air filtration units. We realize that this is an ever-evolving situation and trust that we are staying up to date on the latest guidelines as they become available. Due to the recommendations set forth by these national agencies, there will be a few changes that you may notice, most of which are outlined below.
Patient Visit Expectation:
- We ask that you come wearing a mask. For those of you who do not have a mask, we will provide you one. Due to the limited supply of masks, we would greatly appreciate it if you could make every effort to bring your own. Your help is greatly appreciated.
- We also ask that only the scheduled patient enter the practice for his/her appointment. All additional family members will be asked to sit patiently in their vehicle. We understand there will be exceptions based on each individual’s situation and we will do our best to accommodate those situations.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car. Please call our front desk at 715-834-2032 to notify us that you have arrived.
- Following your arrival, we will come to your vehicle and take your temperature. (Any patient whose temperature is above 100.1 degrees will be asked to go home and their appointment will be rescheduled to a later date). Once your temperature has been confirmed, we will help you complete a questionnaire prior to entering the building.
- We ask that you remain wearing your mask until you have been seated in the patient chair for your scheduled appointment.
- Prior to the start of your dental visit, each patient will rinse with an antimicrobial mouth wash for 30 seconds in the treatment room.
- While visiting Regis Court Dental Associates, please continue to practice safe social distancing where appropriate based on the guidelines set forth by the CDC.
- At the completion of your dental visit, please re-mask and a team member will kindly escort you to our front reception prior to your exit.
Each morning, our team of doctors, hygienists, dental assistants and front office team will take their temperatures immediately upon arrival to the office. Any team member whose temperature is above 100.1 degrees will be sent home. After recording their temperature, each team member will also complete a health questionnaire daily. If any questions disqualify a team member, they will be sent home following the same procedures as our patients.
We are excited to see you again and are happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding the additional steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe while visiting our practice. We do ask for your continued patience and understanding as we work diligently to implement these new protocols. We appreciate your help in creating a safe environment. It was before and always will be our goal to provide you with an unparalleled dental experience every time you visit our office. Please know that because we are taking this situation very seriously, we have put additional protocols in place so that we can reopen in a manner that aligns with our philosophy of practicing with the utmost safety, compassion and integrity. We are committed to continuing to provide dental excellence to the wonderful people of this community and are excited for what the future holds.
With Deep Respect,
Drs Lisa Henson, Steve Mahler, Casey Newton & Randy Shook along with your entire Regis Court Dental Associates Team